Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A GHOST STORY by Tricia







If you are looking to truly frighten yourself, we have just the story for you, from our fabulous writer, Tricia. Here's a lady who can freak you out with the tap of her fingers!

Please have a read of our fantastic Tricia's work and we'd love to hear a comment or two to show support for this talented writer!





A GHOST STORY
by
Tricia



We run to the playground holding hands. Mum follows. We run shrieking and laughing to the merry go-round. Mum sits on a bench watching.  

An older child pushes us around before jumping on. He pushes against you and I give him a shove. Mum runs forward.
‘Now children play nicely together.’ 

I grab your hand and we skip to the swings. I push you backwards and forwards, your happy shrieks making me happy too. Mum follows us.
‘Why don’t you get on the swing and I’ll push you.’
‘OK,’ I say and jump on to the one beside you. 

You laugh as she pushes, your swing slowing down now. You sit and smile at me. Mum pushes higher and higher, you laugh louder and louder. 

We get bored with the swings and run to the slides. Mum walks back to the bench. Up we climb, down we whoosh. I go ahead ready to catch you. I smile at you, your face the same as mine, your smile the same too. 

You, my twin, my other half, yet I am the only one who survived. We wave at Mum sitting on the bench. She waves back at me.


THE END

1 comment :

Cynthia Carpenter said...

Clever reveal. Thanks for the read!